Considered one of the premier LASIK surgeons in the Country
A pioneer in advanced Lasik procedures, Dr. Carlson has performed over 15,000 Lasik procedures. Referred by hundreds doctors across the United States and sought after experts in refractive surgery techniques, Dr. Carlson has led the way for innovation of various surgical procedures and microsurgical instrumentation. Since starting the Duke University Lasik program in 1996, Dr. Carlson has been at the forefront many forms of refractive surgery including Interocular Lens Implants (IOL), Photo Refractive Keratectomy (PRK), Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) and EPI-Lasik as well as the most modern techniques practiced today for improving vision for patients with the most complex visual challenges.
- Two Fellowships as a subspecialist in Corneal and Refractive Surgery.
- One of two physicians qualified to train and certify LASIK surgeons in the Carolinas.
- Performed the first live televised LASIK surgery procedure in the southeast.
- 22 consecutive years named to virtually every best doctors lists.
- Serves as reviewer and advisory board of leading publications in his field.
- Over 40% of patients treated with advanced procedures superior to LASIK.
Dr. Carlson will personally review your information and conduct your examination to ensure the most appropriate treatment and surgical decision. It is all part of the “Duke Difference” for personalized care supported by an experienced, meticulous and highly professional staff. Every detail is considered and we are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care at competitive pricing and flexible payment options.
For more information or to schedule your LASIK examination, contact Candice Pearce at 919-684-5769 or visit the Duke Eye Center for Vision Correction.